1. SHAKE IT OFF: This has nothing to do with music. It has to do with the way you spend your time between sets. That burn you feel after a set of heavy reps is caused from lactic acid. As soon as you finish a set, simply shake your arms up and down and back and forth rapidly. This helps flush the lactic acid out and shortens your downtime.
2. STRETCH BETWEEN SETS: This is sort of opposite of the fast and loose drill. Instead of shaking out the tension, just simply hold a stretch. Drop your phone, start moving; stretch between sets! For example, after doing a set of heavy shoulder press, hang from a pull-up bar for 15-30 seconds. You can also incorporate yoga poses into your workouts by doing them between sets to stretch muscles you just worked.
3. TAKE HOT AND COLD SHOWERS AFTER TRAINING: As soon as you are done working out, jump in the shower and turn the heat up as hot as you can tolerate for as long as you can tolerate it. Now go the other direction and turn it down as cold as you can for as long as you can. Alternate back and forth for about five minutes then finish your regularly scheduled shower. This technique will all but evaporate the chances of getting delayed onset muscle soreness.
4. GET ADEQUATE AMOUNTS OF SLEEP: It should come to no surprise to you that sleep is paramount with with recovery. It’s during sleep that your body REALLY gets a chance to recover. I would highly recommend you to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep.
5. FOLLOW A SMART NUTRITION PLAN: You literally ARE what you eat. If you think you can get away with a steady intake of burgers and fries while training, you’re sadly mistaken! When it comes to recovery, you are better served eating a healthy diet that is high in water for hydration, and a blend of quality macronutrients.
6. Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s): Why look for multiple products when you get them all in the one tub at sufficient levels to maximize muscle recovery, repair, and growth? 1 UP Nutrition’s BCAA’s, Glutamine and Collagen speaks for itself in its name, having been designed to improve the speed of recovery, reduce muscle soreness, prevent muscle loss and skin, nail and hair health as well as supporting a healthy gut. Featuring key patented ingredients with clinical research to support their efficacy, get the 1 UP Nutrition all in one recovery formula and embrace the quality of 1 UP Nutrition.
Don’t know where to start?